Friday, January 3, 2014

The Gospel According to Hollywood

I received this picture on Face book and wanted to ask your opinion on something that concerns me: Do the roles actors portray in movies have any bearing on their actual relationship with God? Some celebrities have made public statements about their personal faith and then star in movies that use profanity, nudity, extreme violence, etc. Is this a contradiction? Is it possible to totally separate one's faith and one's career?

Before going any further, allow me to share some disclaimers:
1) I cannot judge or will judge anyone about their personal relationship with God; only God knows their hearts. Matthew 7:1
2) Though I cannot judge the motive/intent of their heart, I can make a decision based on their lifestyle. "Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions." Mt. 7:20 NLT

Personally, I like Mark Wahlerg. I think he is a great actor and I have seen "some" of his movies. This is not an attack on him personally but is there a double standard? One for actors? One for us common folk?

I would really like you thoughts on this subject, so please respond.

Tho't for the day: Expect nothing. Appreciate everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment