Friday, December 20, 2013

I Can Do It!

I am sure that most parents remember the daunting task of teaching their children how to tie their own shoes.
Inevitably there comes a time when the child will say,  " I can do it my self!" The wise parent will back off and allow his/her child to attempt to master the feat of knot tying. It is only when the child admits their inability that the parent can truly help them. 

How many times have we,  like children,  told God "I can do this!" Maybe not consciously,  but we try to live the Christian life in our own strength. Someone once said,  "The Christian life is not hard, its impossible!" 

By that they were saying,  it is impossible in our own strength.  If you are having difficulty living the Christian life,  maybe this will help.  Stop struggling and try trusting.  

Jesus told us that without Him we cannot do anytime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment