Wednesday, January 22, 2014

All Bad?

This past Christmas my wife gave personal  jjournals to our daughter and daughter-in-law as gifts. Our 10 year-old granddaughter asked what a journal was and my wife said it was to record all the good things that occur during the new year.

Our grandaughter's reply? "But what if nothing but bad happens?" Spoken like a true pessimist! I guess the staying,  "You find what you are looking for" is true.

It is amazing that two different individuals can view the same situation but have totally different perspectives. That doesn't mean one is right and the other is wrong. It is just different. I tend to be a pessimist but I am trying to be more optimistic in 2014.

1 Corinthians 13:7 says that love "...looks for the best." What are you looking for?


No comments:

Post a Comment